CASA Development Intern
Development Intern Job DescriptionCASA of Adams and Broomfield Counties is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a mission to provide court-appointed volunteer advocacy for children and youth from the child welfare system so that every child can be safe, have a permanent home, and the opportunity to thrive. CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties recruits, trains, and supervises community members who donate their time to be the voice for children who have experienced abuse and neglect who are in the court system. CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) works with more than 300 CASA Volunteers each year and is continually recruiting more great community members to become CASA Volunteers for unserved children in Adams & Broomfield counties.
CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties continues to build and foster a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value everyone’s unique voice and lived experience and encourage our team to bring their authentic selves to work. As an organization that serves children and families of many different backgrounds and walks of life, we are committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse team of Board Members, Staff and Volunteers who are representative of the population we serve.
In working towards helping CASA meet its overall objective of providing a caring CASA Volunteer for children with open abuse and neglect cases, the Development Intern performs a range of administrative and development related tasks to aid with development activities and donor and sponsor relations.
This internship position will provide someone with substantial experience in nonprofit development and management, event management, solicitation strategizing, in addition to gaining valuable office experience working in a non-profit.
Hours: 15 – 25 hours per week (flexible) from late-May to late-September out of the CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties Office located at 11860 Pecos Street Westminster, CO 80234 (option to work some hours remotely)
Reports To: Events Manager
Description of Duties:
• Oversee outreach for silent auction at Indulge, one of the main revenue streams at the event, and maintain tracking spreadsheet for donations
• Assist with planning and execution of committee meetings for the Indulge for CASA gala
• Assist with planning and execution of the Volunteer and Donor Appreciation Event
• Coordinate volunteer staffing for all events with the Community Engagement Manager
• Attend events and assist the Development Team as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• Assist with data entry in the Bloomerang database
• Help with the planning and execution of presentations and other recruitment-related events as needed
• In conjunction with the Community Engagement Manager, oversee the set-up and tear-down of the CASA booth at community fairs, festivals and tabling events. Help supervise volunteers at these events
General Office Duties
• Assist with other duties as needed
Minimum Qualifications for Position:
• High school diploma with some college experience.
• Detail-oriented and highly organized.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment (fax, photocopier, etc.)
• Strong computer and internet skills. Experience with Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher required.
• Great team player. Ability to work well with others as well as alone in minimally supervised situations.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• High energy. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks at once.
• Ability to drive in and around Adams and Broomfield Counties.
• Flexible schedule and ability to work evening and weekends as required.
• Strong organizational abilities.
Compensation: This is an unpaid internship. We encourage you to use this internship to gain course credit and to seek out "work-study" grants with your college if that is an option.
Applying: To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Abbie Gass, Development Director, at email@example.com. No phone calls please.
For more information about CASA of Adams & Broomfield Counties visit CASA17th.org.